Hey there. 2010 is gone and we are kick starting 2011 with last year's income report. A common question that I get asked is, "How do I make money online?" The answer I usually provide is, "With a lot of work!" but to be honest, that hard work is not to make money, but to build an audience that will actually visit your site, providing you with that opportunity to make money through ads, page views, and sponsored posts. Once you've managed to have a small following, then you can turn your focus on earnings. Here's some of the highlights (and lowlights) of my year:
- October was my best month. Total income that month was $161.37
- May was my worst month. Total income that month was $2.80
- IZEA, Inc. (Sponsored Tweets, SocialSpark, Payperpost) was my my biggest money maker. Total income for the year was $563.76.
- Mylikes was an up and coming earner for my Twitter account. I started using it in June and made $110.01 for the year.
- Blogsvertise was an up and coming earner for my blog. I started using it in October and made $187.00 for the year.
- Total income totaled $1,074.95. Well short of my goal of $1,500.00
So there you have it. A total of $1,074.95 made from my modest, little blog. Not bad, no? Short of my $1,500 goal for the year, but that's not stopping me from increasing my goal yet again. $1,700.00 for 2011!!! Whoo hoo! Let's do this! Thanks, friends, for making it happen. Later!